As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
Voya Investment Management (Voya IM) is the asset management business of Voya Financial, a Fortune 500 company with over 6,000 employees seeking to help clients plan, invest and protect their savings. Voya IM manages approximately $220 billion in assets across Fixed Income, Senior Loans, Equities, Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions, Private Equity, and Real Assets.1 Drawing on over 40 years of experience and the expertise of 250+ investment professionals, Voya IM’s capabilities span traditional products and solutions as well as those that cannot be easily replicated by an index.Voya IM’s award-winning culture is deeply rooted in a client-centric approach to helping investors meet their goals — from insurance companies, corporate and public pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments and foundations, and consultants to intermediaries, and individual investors. Reliability is why our clients hire us and it is why they trust us to navigate the path ahead.Job Purpose
As the senior risk analyst, you will measure, monitor and report risk associated with fixed income assets. The role performs a variety of capital adequacy stress tests and economic capital analysis for the general account investment portfolio. You will also perform validations of models used for managing credit and market risk.
- Actively participate in a variety of risk management activities and initiatives to engage the investors in a combination of risk mitigation efforts and optimization of risk/return tradeoffs
- Provide well-supported, understandable, and practical information to the investors to help them better manage portfolios
- Produce a suite of risk monitoring reports on a periodic basis and discuss findings with asset managers and senior members of the risk team
- Conduct stress testing, economic capital analysis and capital-at-risk analysis, and present the results to portfolio managers and senior management
- Improve efficiency of risk reporting processes by automating reports and eliminating redundancies
- Apply advanced quantitative skills to perform model validations for models used for managing credit and market risk
- Review model assumptions, calculations, implementation and documentation as a part of model validation process
- Generate written reports and present validation results to senior management
- Articulate complex model details to an audience from varied backgrounds in simple, clear and concise manner
- Monitor changes in credit ratings (upgrades and downgrades), credit spreads, loss rates and recovery prospects
- Bachelor’s degree with a major or subject focus on finance, economics or statistics required
- Master’s degree in finance, economics or statistics strongly preferred
- CFA or FRM designation or a progress towards similar certification would be strongly preferred
- 7 - 10 years experience in market risk, credit risk or model risk management
- Prior experience in credit risk modeling or model validation strongly preferred
- Experience and proficiency with Blackrock Aladdin, Intex, Matlab, MS SQL, Excel VBA and Bloomberg strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- Strong planning and organization skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.