Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies land ownership from available public records.
- Researches, reviews, analyzes and titles; identify defects and outline curative.
- Negotiates the acquisition of right-of-way, easements, and other property interest, as necessary on the company’s client behalf.
- Negotiates property damage settlements and loss claimsassociated with client’s capital projects.
- Prepare right-of-way related cost estimates associated with land and right-of-way project acquisition.
- Prepares landowner notification letters as required.
- Reviews, repares, analyzes, interprets all Land and Right-of-Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, and licenses.
- Serves as liaison between internal departments, developers, cities, counties, state agencies, etc., in support of right-of-way activities.
- Resolves encroachment, damage claims, landowner complaints and inquiries at a minimal cost.
- Assists manager in securing repeat business from existing clients and identifying new clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four year college or university, and /or equivalent industry related right-of-way work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 8-10 years’ experience in performing all aspects of land and right-of-way acquisition.
- Knowledge in all aspects of right-of-way, including project management, acquisition, title, permitting, budgeting, cost forecasting, operation, due diligence, public relations, community outreach and solid understanding of general regulatory and legal issues.
- Ability to read construction plan/profiles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Satisfactory driving record as determined by the Company and a current, valid State driver’s license.