Today we use 3rd party products for RRUs to go with our 4G and 5G OpenRAN solutions. To expand our product portfolio, we will develop our own high-end Massive MIMO radios. Focus will be on advanced technology and product development together with customers. We will progress this as a start-up company in Mavenir and leverage the whole organization. If you would like to work for a startup with resources, a large existing customer base and worldwide reach, this is it.
As Senior RF TX Design Engineer you will join the Radio Unit team and will be responsible for architecting and designing high-end OpenRAN 5G and 4G mMIMO Transmitters for the global customer base. This position will be based in Richardson, USA.Key Responsibilities
- Architecting cost-efficient, high-performance RF transmitter architectures for high-end mMIMO radios
- Deriving TX chain requirement specifications from the system requirements
- Performance simulations and overall TX line-up analysis
- Ensure excellent manufacturability
- Drive and perform HW verification, including integration with DPD to secure performance and quality
- Drive state of the art Technology and Design-to-Cost innovation and execution of the Radio HW
- Drive RF transmitter component and vendor selections
- Co-operate with colleagues across Mavenir’s HW development Sites in design tools and lab test systems selections and development
- Participate in supplier and component selections to secure the best in class performance, quality, and cost.
- Ensure production build support for the manufacturing partners for prototypes and volume ramp-up
- Convert customer requirements and expectations to best in class design innovation
- Actively following-up filter technologies to apply the latest innovations into the designs.
- Provide guidance and leadership.
- Proven track record from RF transmitter design engineering for 4G and 5G basestations
- Solid knowledge on radio systems and mobile networks, especially on 3GPP and FCC LTE 4G and 5G standards in RAN.
- In-depth knowledge of RF technologies and especially linearized Transmitters
- Solid knowledge of RF design tools and methods
- Hands-on knowledge of RF testing and verification
- Solid knowledge of reliability analysis and testing
- Solid knowledge of cost-efficient manufacturing methodologies and technologies
- In-depth knowledge of RF component technologies and key vendors
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills for a variety of audiences including executives, partners, and customers
- Ability to quickly grasp and adapt to new technologies and concepts
- Curiosity to continuously learn and innovate
- MS Degree in EE
- At least 7+ years’ experience in the telecommunication industry in leading of or working in Radio development roles.