Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today's dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation's most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Senior RF Systems Engineer
(US Citizenship Required*)
San Jose, CA
- Analyze customer requirements and develops RF-based SIGINT solutions to support program execution and business development.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs
- Leverage system analysis, design, verification, delivery, and troubleshoot experience to improve program execution and new system offerings
- Lead requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, detail trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), validation, and interface definition
- Support technical and cost proposals to meet challenging customer requirements
- Lead engineering groups in technical execution and improved processes
- Synthesize solutions to meet customer expectations and technical performance within schedule / cost constraints
- Perform mission, functional, cost-benefit, and risk analysis
- Research and analyze data, such as vendor products, COTS components, GFE/CFE, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Effectively choose the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
- Guide the successful completion of major programs and projects
- Work on advanced architectures that may result in new business for the company
- Identify, analyze, and resolve system design weaknesses
- Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of hire.
- Understanding of RF-based SIGINT and COMINT system architecture and design
- Substantial use, understanding and tailoring of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- System requirements definition, decomposition, flow down, and traceability
- Substantial proficiency with requirements management, system design & system modeling tools
- System-level and software-level integration and test, including formal test plans and procedures
- Substantial written and verbal communications skills, including presentations to internal stakeholders, executive management, and customers
- Substantial understanding and ability to apply project leadership principles including SPI/CPI, Earned Value, and Cost Account Management (CAM)
- Able to travel worldwide, up to 20% expected
*US Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor's Degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) combined with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master's Degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. (10+ years preferred)
- Agile experience preferred.
- Experience with satellite orbital data and missions
- RF background and the ability to clearly articulate, verbally and in writing, new concepts and capabilities to discriminating customers
- Satellite Communications collection systems, including antenna earth terminals and communications protocols
- System-level signal, RF path, and link budget analyses
- Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Direction Finding (DF) and geolocation systems
Moseley Technical Services, Inc. is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.