At Hughes we are developing the largest and most powerful satellite network in the world. Our ground segment group in Germantown, Maryland has need for engineers to help us achieve our vision of providing broadband connectivity everywhere. As an advanced level RF Systems Engineer, your role is to bring best-in-class RF and microwave solutions to our high-throughput ground network.
- Analyze system requirements and develop system architectures for RF earth station equipment, up and down converters, power amplifiers, low-noise amplifiers, antennas and associated control equipment.
- Develop subsystem requirements, specifications and technical evaluations
- Perform technical and cost trade-offs and evaluate vendor technical capabilities
- Manage subcontractor and developer relationships including product development, qualification and acceptance.
- Support system integration with other system components, hardware and software
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 15+ years of overall engineering experience
- 10+ years experience in solid-state power amplifiers (including GaAs or GaN), frequencies from 2-40 GHz.
- 10+ years experience with large satellite earth stations, including antenna specifications and tests, high power amplifiers (e.g., TWTAs), up- and down converters, LNAs, and ancillary systems and equipment.
- 10+ years expertise in communications systems theory and analysis including link budgets, signal propagation, phase noise, EVM, non-linear effects, etc.
- Master's degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively, both written and verbal, at all levels
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment
- Leadership/Advisory experience