Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a contributor, this position is primarily responsible for infrastructure design, deployment, system integration, technical documentation, and architecture standardization across Network Engineering. You will be a strategic contributor that will provide life cycle management for the integration of existing and emerging technology systems and can provide leadership in the identification, validation, and adoption of new market opportunities into existing infrastructure. You will work collaboratively with team members to design, build, and deploy innovative solutions by translating requirements into tested system specifications. In collaboration with senior management and network architecture, this position ensures that all system architecture utilizes best practices and is aligned with the overall strategic momentum of the company. This role will solve complex customer business problems and focus on customer satisfaction by defining standardized testing, validation of fault performance, and providing customer support during user acceptance and fault escalation. In conjunction with network planning and architecture, this role will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation. In collaboration with other senior SME’s, this position will mentor junior team members and assist in the creation of a training environment for the Engineering and Operations teams. In addition, you will provide level 4 services support to the Operations team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Participate with teams on existing and proposed architecture to ensure streamlined integration, secure system launch performance and that proper monitoring/analytic tools are in place.
- Ensure that all designs and integrations apply consistent methodology with best practices, to deliver stable and secure networks.
- Support the design and development of documentation and implementation procedures for complete ground systems, including detailed drawing packages to include system level drawings, detailed wiring diagrams, rack assemblies, parts lists, and test procedures.
- Perform engineering calculations related to design that require the application of standard engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Test and evaluate new products and technologies to ensure alignment with project deployments and corporate needs.
- Identify emerging markets and trends and provide solutions for integration approach.
Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) support for service feasibility.
- Collaborate with Planning, Sales, Product Development, Program and Project managers, Vendors, Contractors, and Customers to ensure project success, technical scope, schedule, budget, and resource adherence.
- Create detailed scope requirements for the Statement of Work (SOW) process, ensuring that final documentation is clear and accurate to ensure the greatest work efficiency.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure the success of the design detailed in the SOW, including communication regarding technical scope, schedule, budget, and resource needs.
- Work closely with Planning, Finance, Engineering, and other applicable departments to ensure the profitability of all designs.
- Practice and enforce compliance with current operating standards, to best assess effectiveness and process alignment.
- Drive corporate strategy and provide proactive leadership to mentor and coach all team members.
- Enhance training materials and deliver ongoing training to Operations team members.