Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Come work at Amazon!
As a Senior RFIC Design Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative product solutions. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and third party suppliers to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and optimization. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
As a member of the RFIC team, you will be responsible for the architectural definition, design, simulation, layout, and extracted simulation for transmit and receive front-ends from data converters to LNAs and PAs. Strong focus will be on creating power and cost optimized solutions for a given system performance.
In this role you will:
• Collaborate with communications systems, digital design, and chip implementation teams to specify and implement transceivers and RFIC front-end models which will delight future Kuiper customers.
• Explore architectures for mm-wave and RF circuits like VCOs, mixers, phase shifters, LNAs, PAs, LO distribution, frequency multipliers and dividers, and envelope/power detectors, and make detailed presentations on power/area/performance trade-offs.
• Design and simulate on-chip inductors, baluns, and power combiners in tools such as EMX or HFSS.
• Create "wreal" behavioral models for analog and RF circuits in SystemVerilog
• Perform circuit layout, RLC extraction, and run extracted simulation across various corners to make sure designs are robust and can be taken to volume production.
• Collaborate with the digital design team to define analog/digital boundary requirements for circuit calibration, clock generation, and timing.
• Specify bench and production test plans for your designs.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• 7+ years of hands on experience in mm-wave or RF design for wireless systems.
• Working knowledge of communication theory, OFDM, MIMO, digital/wireless communication systems.
• Hands on experience with RF test equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, and probe-stations.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
Strong technical background in some of the following:
• RF transceiver architecture / design for beamforming systems (including zero-IF transceivers, low-IF transceivers, polar transmitters, and RF/LO/Baseband phase shifting)
• Radio subsystem design (including LNAs, PAs, ADCs, DACs, baseband filters, etc).
• Millimeter-wave circuit design and layout in FinFET, SOI, BiCMOS, and Bulk CMOS technologies.
• Analog circuit design fundamentals, such as Opamps, precision biasing, and LDOs.
• Electromagnetics of passive devices and device physics of leading edge silicon and III-V devices.
• Mixed-signal design and verification techniques
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Valid through: 3/3/2021