Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
This role will range from supporting RF design to production. We design Hybrid modules, RF boards, System in a packages (SiPs), and ICs up to 90 GHz and looking to go higher. This is a great opportunity for you to expand your capabilities working with our expert design and production team. Your designs will encompass a variety of RF components including: power amplifiers, low noise amplifiers, mixers, oscillators, filters, ADCs, DACs, optical converters, and IC packages. You will work on a collaborative team of system, electrical, mechanical, software, manufacturing, and system test engineers to ensure successful product design and transition to production where you'll be analyzing RF measurement data, resolving production design issues, and improving production yields and test times. Sound interesting? Keep reading....
• 8+ years RF/Microwave design experience
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
• U.S. Citizenship Required
• Up to 10% travel
• Experience with Agilent ADS or other simulation tools
• Experience with HFSS, Momentum, or other electromagnetic simulators
• Previous circuit design experience for frequencies above 10GHz
• Experience with RF test and measurement methods: gain, P1dB, noise figure, TOI, adjacent channel rejection, etc
• Experience RF test and measurement equipment: Spectrum Analyzers, Noise figure meters, Network Analyzers, Signal Generators, Power Meters, etc
• MSEE degree
• Top secret clearance with SSBI/SCI
• AESA/phase array, Radar, SIGINT, or SATCOM experience
• Experience with Cadence for IC development