Innovation. Develop technology and design quality, manufacturable products on-time and consistent with business strategy and processes.
Duties and Responsibilites
- Support, contribute and promote a safe work environment.
- Develops technology and process know-how to ensure designs are technologically competitive.
- Designs, develops and tests new products to support the assigned product line.
- Interprets customer specifications and translates them into design and/or manufacturing requirements.
- Specify tooling and equipment needed to support the prototype and production build.
- Provide technical support to organizational stakeholders (Production, Quality, Marketing and Sales).
- Consult with Sales in quoting customer requirements and bid preparation.
- Participate and contribute to team training, development, mentoring and audits.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company policies.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSEE or equivalent and 5 Years of relevant RF/ Microwave design experience
- A mature knowledge of RF and microwave theory to be used in an array of passive products from resistive components, filters and connectors.
- Responsible for the development of passive RF and microwave components designs to include concept development, design documentation, prototype design proof testing and successful manufacturing introduction
- Understanding of RF test equipment and measurements techniques including the use of a VNA, TDR techniques and other de-embedding measurement techniques.
- Hands on experienceworking with many types of RF/microwave materials such as ceramics, Duriods/Teflon etc.
- Knowledge of MIL-Spec and other Space/Defense/Aerospace/Medical industry specifications related to passive components
- Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis utilizing standard problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic theory and practical 3D electromagnetic modeling simulation experience( HFSS and CST preferred)
- Support the NPI Phase Gate process and associated software tools such as Clarizen
- Proficient in SolidWorks (preferred) along with Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Smiths Interconnect () is a leading provider of electronic components, subsystems, microwave and radio frequency products that connect, protect and control critical applications in the commercial aviation, defense, space, semiconductor test, medical, rail, industrial and test and measurement markets. Smiths Interconnect's high technology brands (EMC, RF Labs, Lorch Hypertac, IDI, TRAK, TECOM, and Millitech) are synonymous with exceptional performance whenever a technologically advanced, high quality solution is requested to ensure reliability and safety. Blue chip customers include Raytheon, BAE Systems, Finmeccanica-Leonardo, Airbus, NVIDIA, Qualcomm, Alstom, and Biosense Webster, just to name a few. One of five divisions of Smiths Group, Smiths Interconnect employs over 2000 people globally with locations in the US, Mexico, Costa Rica, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Tunisia, Singapore, and China, and a global sales and distributionnetwork.