Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.Job Details:
Job Summary: Perform complex Electrical Engineering assignments following designated standards and procedures. Work closely with other engineering disciplines. Duties require application of engineering principles and techniques. The focus of this specialized, technically oriented position is on meeting and exceeding high standards of accuracy and quality based on established systems and guidelines. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts or participates in research, design, development and testing of digital, analog or radio frequency hardware to include circuit design and sub-system integration for designated products and/or customer applications.
- Assesses the severity of problems, determines corrective action, resolves technical problems, performs fault isolation, and implements solutions.
- Designs electronic breadboard systems.
- Specifies materials, equipment and supplies.
- Modifies existing engineering designs.
- Conducts prototype construction and tests.
- Logs, compiles and evaluates engineering data.
- Writes engineering manuals, procedures and reports.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data.
- Develops logic flowcharts and block diagrams.
- Supports on-site installation activities.
- Assists in preparing engineering design specifications.
- Assists in engineering drawing and specification inputs.
- Assists in the preparation of specifications and assessment of vendor products.
- Applies and maintains quality standards.
- Keeps abreast of improvements in hardware engineering techniques.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Four-year college degree in electrical engineering or science discipline plus a minimum of two years of related experience or an applicable Master of Science degree. Desired experience in designing, developing and testing hardware. Effective written and oral communication skills. Able to use typical office automation products such as word processing and spreadsheet programs. Mental ability to perform analytical work. Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines. Good interpersonal skills. May be required to travel domestically and internationally and work odd hours, in-line with customer requirements. Strong technical problem solving skills required. Strong commitment to efficiently achieve high quality results is required.