Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.31 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim is seeking a senior-level Design Engineer to design integrated circuits and support assigned products through the full product life cycle. Assignment may be in Maxim’s industrial, medical, communications, automotive, or mobility solutions groups.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Create transistor level designs of circuits to meet specifications
Verify designs using circuit-level and behavioral-level simulations
Supervise circuit layout
Write circuit documentation
Validate circuit performance in the lab
Lead project teams independently
As a senior member of technical staff, this position will lead the development of wireless transceiver design for Maxim’s medical, energy, and embedded security ICs. A successful candidate must have a good understanding in modern wireless system architectures and be familiar with system/behavior level modeling and simulation for trade-off analysis and performance evaluation. Candidate must possess low power circuit design skills in RF blocks such as LNAs, mixers, PAs, LOs, etc.
- MSEE degree with 5+ years or Ph.D. degree with 2+ years of industry experience in RF/MS circuit design with advanced CMOS processes.
- 5+ years of design experience with wireless transceiver circuit blocks such as LNAs, Mixers, PGAs and PAs.
- Must have strong background in CMOS RF transceiver architectures for modern communication systems.
- Solid understanding of baseband analog circuit such as ADC/DAC, OTA and filter design.
- Sufficient familiarity with synthesizer design and the trade-off for transceiver spec. definition.
- Experience with Verilog-A/AMS and Matlab for behavioral modeling and system level simulation.
- Strong knowledge on RF/analog circuit simulation tools and testing techniques.
- Hands-on experience for RF test equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzers and network analyzers, load pull, etc.).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Design experience in WiFi/Bluetooth/Cellar system is strongly preferred.- Experience with the design of high linearity/efficiency PA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge on RF production level test is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge in wireless/digital communication theory and DSP is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Microwave Engineering and EM theory is preferred.
- Experience with 3D EM extraction and modeling for custom passive devices is a plus.