The Sr Revenue Recognition Analyst is a detailed-oriented, hands-on, results-driven individual that supports the revenue accounting close and reporting as part of the worldwide revenue recognition team.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly revenue reporting/analysis for revenue forecast and flux analysis month end close activities including journal entry preparation, reconciliations and analyses
- Prepare data and supporting documentation as needed for quarterly and year end audits and act as a point of contact for revenue recognition related request from our external auditors
- Assist with the implementation and development of the ASC 606 accounting close
- Work on the development, implementation and maintenance of companies SOX Controls
- Miscellaneous finance and accounting projects as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Review contracts for non-standard terms and compliance with Natera Revenue Recognition Policies
- Assist in policy and procedure development
- Support Natera’s new product and services offering to assure compliance with Natera’s accounting and finance policies.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions and solutions.
- Support the FP&A team as required to support the revenue forecast
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or equivalent; CPA is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or similar business functions.
- Public Accounting experience is a plus
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical skills
- Detail orientated
- Problem solving ability not just from accounting perspective but also system and operational
- Understanding of GAAP accounting rules, especially around the new revenue recognition guidance of ASC 606 and legacy guidance ASC 605
- Experience using Qlikview (or comparable data visualization software)
- Ability to query data using SQL
- Advance Excel Skills
- Strong sense of business ethics, integrity, and accountability
- Problem-solving, along with interpersonal skills necessary to work with varied levels of management.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently but also be part of the Natera Team.
- Project and time management skills
- Understanding of the offer to cash process, especially as it relates to medical and biotechnology industry.
- Ability to communicate and interact across the company business
- Great Plains or another ERP background is a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Duties typically performed in an office setting.
- This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings & weekends) at times.