Do you want to make a meaningful difference in the quality of healthcare? Omnicell is empowering health systems and pharmacies to radically transform the way they manage medications, so they can achieve the vision of the Autonomous Pharmacy. Thousands of hospitals, pharmacies, skilled nursing facilities and care homes trust Omnicell to provide continuous innovation. They need us to deliver solutions to meet the ever-evolving challenges of the healthcare landscape. We encourage creative problem solving and outside-the-box thinking that only a diverse, well-rounded workforce can bring.
Join us as we build on our powerful combination of advanced automation, predictive intelligence, and expert services to create a safer future for patients-one where medication errors are a thing of the past. You'll be joining an organization whose culture encourages individual development, rewards intellectual curiosity, and embraces an inclusive environment. Join our growing company and help shape the future at Omnicell! Senior Revenue GL Accountant
The Senior Revenue GL Accountant plays a critical role in the accounting and finance reporting and accuracy for the Advance Services products and offerings. This role is a part of the Advanced Services team, within the North America Finance organization, reporting to the Senior Manager of SaaS and Tech-Enabled Services. This role will work extensively with the North American Sales and Sales Support Teams; various finance counterparts, as well as several other functions within the Company. The role requires effective analytical, communication, organizational skills, and advanced accounting knowledge. Responsibilities:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Overall responsibility for the accountancy for the Advanced Services products and offering functions.
- Performs financial and accounting analysis and ensures proper revenue recognition in accordance with Company policies and GAAP
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording of accounting entries as required per the customer contractual, revenue and cost earning, and consolidation requirements.
- Support all aspects of the monthly financial close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, consolidation entries, and preparation of monthly reporting package.
- Develop a set of enhanced reports for actuals and forecasts to support management in planning and executing on financial targets, balance sheet and profit and loss insights, accrual reporting, and sound reconciliation processes.
- Participate in new initiatives for Advanced Services Group in order to implement and optimize accounting processes for new and existing products and offerings.
- Implement systematic checks for standard processes and/or potential deficiencies, which present risk to accounting and close process, as well as utilize to automate accounting entries and close processes.
- Work with counterparts within the accounting and finance functions in order to meet close deliverables, provide accounting entries and reporting, as well as ad hoc analysis and forecasting of accounting efforts as needed
- Assist in the development of new process and procedures for emerging product and offerings which may differ from existing and current fully automated systems and procedures, while adhering to GAAP
- Maintain historical customer and contract files and aggregated files to effectively manage; reporting; journal entries, consolidation entries, and reconciliation deliverables.
- Provide reporting and communication of status updates during monthly close cycle and ad-hoc as needed to finance management
- Support recurring reviews and audits with internal and external auditors for Advanced Services.
- Collaborate with all levels of the Finance Organization to drive and deliver results and create synergy.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Advanced skillset in Excel and other financial reporting tools
- Demonstratable experience in applying revenue related guidance for software and services
- Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting
- Ability to work with and analyze large quantities of data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Capacity to prioritize, manage and execute multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work across multiple functions and diverse personality styles
- Proficient at Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze and recommend improvements to existing processes (financial and business)
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a high focus on customer
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field, Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of General Ledger experience in Accounting or Finance at a SaaS-based company OR 5+ years General Ledger in a business environment as it relates to Accounting or Finance
- 2 years of work experience as a revenue accountant, preferably in a high-tech, internet company or medical device
- SAP, SalesForce, or other CRM experience
- SQL/Tableau experience a plus
- Previous experience in a start-up environment or entrepreneurial environment
- Office Environment
- Heavy workload during peak times
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.