GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Coordinates activities of Operations Manager(s), Supervisor(s), and hourly staff engaged in collections of customer accounts, in a highly automated call center environment. Responsibilities include managing team to goals and objectives, reporting operational results to the director and other senior leadership, interviewing, hiring, and training hourly employees; assigning and managing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and problem solving.
SUPERVISES – Operations Manager(s), Supervisor(s) and hourly employees, including remote workers, across two locations.
Note: Position requires 25-30% travel. Position can be located in Louisville, KY or the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Ensure that collection policy and procedure are followed to maximize collections, with the best customer service at the lowest cost. Manage all team goals and objectives.
• Coordinate with Manager(s) and supervisor(s) for full shift floor support for team members.
• Work with the call center technologies to enhance operational performance
• Participate in coordination activities with other managers in a highly developed team environment
• Maintain a working knowledge of all call center operations and associated facility processes, while communicating and documenting change.
• Assure compliance with departmental policies and procedures
• Assist the Operations Director in establishing and monitoring productivity standards, quality improvement and directing staff in meeting department goals.
• Manage the activities of Operations Manager(s) and Supervisor(s), and team representatives.
• Lead organization-wide initiatives
• Represent department; participating in coordination of activities
• Proactively manage inventory and staffing levels
• Screen, interview, hire, train, and evaluate new and existing employees
• Counsel staff with disciplinary and productivity issues
• Work as liaison between the collection staff and other departments
• Resolve issues escalated by a Team Leader and/or staff
• Conduct regular staff meetings
• Responsible for action plans related to Foresight survey
• Manage projects, including SWOTs as assigned by director
• Build business strategies and action plans to ensure company goals are met
• Work to create career paths for hourly associates
• Conduct Monthly reviews (overall performance analysis by units and forward out to Directors)
• Conduct all internal/external reviews for managerial positions
• Conduct training as requested (Departmental)
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “ Mission and Value Statement”
• Attend Privacy and Security Training as required by the HIPAA Awareness Program and comply with all guidelines, policies and procedures to assure sensitive or confidential information is protected in accordance with the HIPAA rules and regulations
• Monitor and analyze unit trend to determine changes that may cause a decrease in overall performance (UPI) or collections. (FC 99 – Non FC 99 placements, recovery, etc.)
• Adhere to and supports organizational IT&S standards, policies, and procedures
• Adhere to Code of Conduct
• Perform other duties, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division and Group Executives
Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
Strategic Analysis - Analytical Review skills and ability to make decisions based on analysis
Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.