The Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst demonstrates the deepest level of functional and application knowledge in regards to data retrieval out of disparate systems (e.g. General Ledger, Electronic Medical Record, Decision Support), manipulation of data (e.g. combining data, pivot tables, programming, advanced formulas) and summarizing it into a useful format. In this role some of your key responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Conducts financial analysis to support decision-making.
- Participates and leads project teams to support decision-making and process improvement within the revenue cycle.
- Develops revenue models to facilitate the analysis of different reimbursement scenarios.
- Works collaboratively with accounting, finance, and operations to facilitate a culture of revenue cycle awareness and understanding.
- Educates management and staff in finance and revenue cycle analysis techniques and best practices.
- Creates, runs, and maintains regular dashboards and reports.
- Creates computer-based simulations to create useful, analytical tools.
- Reconciles charges, payments, expected payments, and patient estimates to ensure accurate financial models.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Sciences, Mathematics, or related field
- Five years experience in analysis.
- Master's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Science, Mathematics, or related field.
- Experience in healthcare finance.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).