Smartsheeters truly stand out! It is clear by their attitude and actions that they work for a company that is not only innovative and authentic, but filled with individuals who are supportive, driven and committed to being a part of Smartsheet’s success. Our leadership is comprised of executives with deep experience who are committed to maintaining an environment that promotes personal and professional growth as well as encourages individuals to take an active role in the vision of the company. We're an extremely data- and results-driven organization - and with over tens of thousands of paying organizations, millions of registered users, and consistently strong growth over the last 5years, there's plenty of data for you to dive into.
Senior Revenue Accountant will be instrumental in helping Smartsheet navigate through its next phase of growth and expansion. We have many customers who purchase our offerings through different channels. Complexity comes from both the ways in which customer agreements are structured, as well as the sheer quantity of contracts which are signed every day. As our business continues to grow, it is pivotal that we maintain the ability to record and report on Company’s revenue in complete, accurate and timely manner. Senior Revenue Accountant will be responsible for identifying, recording, reconciling and evaluating revenues from all of Smartsheet’s offerings. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is interested in operational and/or technical accounting, and who wants to gain a very deep understanding of the business and our various revenue streams.
This full-time position reports to the Revenue Manager, and is based in Smartsheet’s corporate offices in Bellevue, WA.
- Record revenue recognition related transactions on a monthly basis
- Reconcile deferred revenue GL accounts
- Report, on a monthly basis, on activity in revenue accounts and different performance metrics
- Create monthly variance analysis reports
- Continue to develop reporting capabilities which are required under ASC 606 including certain deferred revenue disclosures
- Interact with financial operations team and perform controls to ensure proper invoicing of our customers
- Cooperate with Smartsheet’s Services organization to ensure proper processes are in place to recognize Services revenues on a monthly basis
- Review, assess, and make recommendations for the processes which lead to or impact revenue recognition
- Participate in review of more complex sales deals to ensure proper revenue recognition under the ASC 606 standard
- Help us continue to build and scale our processes, in accordance with industry’s best practices
- Participate in continued development and evaluation of internal controls and processes, in accordance with best practices.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in accounting and/or finance functions with preference for strong experience in revenue accounting.
- Public accounting background, private accounting background or a mix of public and private accounting experiences
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver under pressure, and address an array of competing priorities
- Willingness to understand how accounting systems work, and desire to help process improvement
- Knowledge of an ERP system (preferably NetSuite) and a PSA system (preferably FinancialForce)
- CPA certification is a plus