- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent practical experience.
- CPA certification.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- MBA degree.
- Demonstrated experience in managing process improvement.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, with a focus on revenue recognition.
- Passion for driving business decisions by analyzing large and complex data sets.
- Excellent business acumen with ability to deal with ambiguity. Effective skills and ability to understand and present data.
- Excellent communication and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Design, implement and manage global processes for the accounting of ads revenue, including contra-revenue accruals, sales allowance, deferred revenue and the related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform month-end close processes, including agreement review, processing payments and preparing/posting journal entries. Prepare and present financials to management and support with any ad-hoc requests from cross-functional teams.
- Identify opportunities and implement programs to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities. Work with providers to outsource established or mature processes and manage ongoing activities.
- Partner with internal teams and engineering and business partners to define, establish and implement accounting systems, processes and procedures. Review processes and implement controls to ensure mitigated risk for Google.
- Work through accounting implications and confirm we can operationally support business agreements. Provide accounting guidance to Sales, Product and other cross-functional teams.