Beyond Outsourcing… This is OneSourcing…
EAG OneSource (1Source) is a dynamic and growing IT and Back Office Outsourcing firm focused on driving customer success. As an EAG OneSource team member, you will leverage your customer service, software and technical experience while driving continuous value both for your clients and 1Source. Gain the satisfaction of knowing that you are creating an immediate and positive impact for your customers on a daily basis by joining the talented and driven team of E&P professionals at 1Source.
EAG OneSource is currently seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant with onshore mid-continent operated and non-operated revenue accounting and gas balancing experience.
The Senior Revenue Accountant is responsible for handling all aspects of oil and gas revenue accounting including but not limited to:
- Property master review.
- Coordinating with Production Accounting and understanding production allocations, ensuring revenue settlements are booked in alignment of that data.
- Coordinating with Title and Lease Administration on Division of Interest maintenance and ownership transfers.
- Managing revenue related cash receipts and reconciliation to purchasing statements for product sales.
- Verifying revenue contract pricing.
- Analyzing sales volume determinations and meter volume data
- Recording revenue and revenue related taxes and deducts for all products for both operated and non-operated properties.
- Generating revenue sales accruals.
- Compiling and creating gas balancing statements.
- Creating shipper statements for midstream clients.
- Processing Prior Period Adjustments (PPA’s).
- Reporting and payment of state and federal royalty and tax obligations.
- Coordinating with Production Reporting to reconcile production and revenue reporting to state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Conducting revenue reconciliations and variance analysis for purchaser receivable, royalty, suspense, taxes payable accounts, etc.
- Participating in period closing activities, including processing of Prior Period Adjustments (PPA’s).
- Assisting with owner relations inquiries.
- Following internal procedures and internal control policies.
- Assisting in internal and external audits.
- Assisting in other oil and gas accounting activities and special projects as needed, such as annual 1099 report generation and escheatment activities.
- Assisting in the training of entry level revenue accountants.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the position.
All members of the 1Source team are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, actively participate in our team environment, communicate with our clients in a professional and service-oriented manner and identify process improvement and optimization opportunities. All team members must be able to handle changing priorities, new challenges and multi-tasking. Senior accountants are expected to execute responsibilities in an efficient and independent manner unless faced with an unfamiliar scenarios or situations. In those instances, our accountants are expected to proactively ask for assistance from the 1Source leadership team.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field of study is preffered.
- 7+ years of experience in onshore/offshore revenue accounting including calculating and submitting severance taxes, filing ONRR and State regulatory reports plus exposure to other aspects of oil and gas accounting (JIB, Production Accounting, Financial Reporting).
- Detailed understanding of the revenue distribution process.
- Detailed understanding of gas balancing and pricing.
- Working knowledge of plant and pipeline statements.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (pivot tables, lookup, vlookup functions).
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Word.
- High attention towards detail and accounting analysis.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and excellent organization skills.
- Experience operating within a team.
- Experience with revenue accounting systems such as SAP, Quorum, Bolo, Excalibur, Enertia and/or Waterfield
- Must be based in Houston
- Must be eligible to work for ANY employer in the United States; we are unable to sponsor H1B applicants at this time