Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding environment where you are involved in identifying existing structures’ deterioration/ distress and providing cost effective solutions to extend these structures’ lifespan? If so, you have found the perfect spot!
As a Senior Restoration Engineer I at Walker Consultants you will work with existing structures ranging from forensic investigation, behavior evaluation, repair design and budgeting, preparation of repair documents and construction administration. You will work with a wide variety of structure types including building envelopes, plazas, parking garages, water-retention structures, tunnels, and bridges. You will work with a multidiscipline team of structural engineers, architects, and material scientists.
- Assists in the planning, budgeting, scheduling, conducting or coordination of detailed phases of the engineering work on a project.
- Serves as lead investigator in engineering aspects of a project.
- Assists in training restoration project engineers.
- Assists with the acquisition of technical support personnel.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practice and projects with special requirements, and unusual features.
- Assists the Project Manager or performs project management duties during all phases of a project.
- Prepares and reviews restoration/repair/rehabilitation drawings and specifications and recommends revisions where required.
- Reviews shop drawings and responds to field questions on repair.
- Peer reviews.
- Coordinating and directing office technical and administrative staff.
- Proposal preparation.
- Maintaining quality, budgets, schedules, etc.
- Five (5) or more years demonstrated proficiency as a Professional Engineer
- Master Degree in Structural Engineering
- Ability to investigate and design repair solutions to complex engineering problems.
- Structural engineering registration by examination in Minnesota, Illinois, California, or Washington, depending on where engineer is based.