If you thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and highly autonomous work environment, you may be the ideal candidate for our team. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Resource Geologist for our corporate office in Reno, Nevada. Reporting to the Vice President Technical Services, the Senior Resource Geologist will be a member of the corporate technical services group, leading geologic and mineral resource modeling programs for the Company’s operations and exploration/development properties in Guatemala, Peru and Canada and participate in project evaluations and due diligence reviews of potential acquisitions.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Maintaining a professional work environment and encouraging technical excellence from other team members.
- Developing technical and leadership skills in all team members, providing regular, constructive feedback and coaching.
- Resource modeling and estimation for annual NI 43-101 compliant resource report statements; reviewing long-term and short-term production modeling, annual budgeting and quarterly production forecasts.
- Performing and/or reviewing annual production reconciliations.
- Providing guidance and support for geologic and resource modeling efforts company-wide.
- Providing expertise and support for drill hole database management programs.
- Collaboration with mine operations, engineering and planning, processing and other departments.
- Providing support for corporate technical services projects and participating in project evaluations and due diligence efforts.
- Supporting the Company’s implementation of safety, health and environmental programs.
KEY ROLE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science in Geology.
- Continued professional development and technical training.
- Specialized training in geostatistics, resource modeling and block modeling.
- “Qualified Person” status or ability to quickly obtain QP status for mineral resource estimation and related reporting as defined by NI 43-101.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 10years relevant exploration and/or miningexperience.
- Experience in geologic and resource modeling of a wide range of deposit types in support of precious metal and base metal narrow vein, bulk underground and open pit deposits required.
- Proficiency in 3D geological modeling software required, with experience using Surpac, Gemcom and Leapfrog software packages preferred.
- Experience in dataset evaluation and auditing and QA/QC procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and community.
- Experience managing technical teams in support of underground and open pit mining environments.
- Strong communication and administration skills.
- Strong geological interpretive skills.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English would be highly regarded.
Tahoe Resources is an equal opportunity employer.