What will you gain working at WABCO
- Work in a dynamic and international environment
- Acquiring knowledge and practical skills through participation in various projects
- The ability to manage your career at WABCO structures, the prospect of vertical or horizontal promotion in both regional and global functions
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
Responsibilities and Requirements of the role:
In this position you will be responsible to ensure and improve customer satisfaction by providing superb support at the customer facilities, being the first on site main contact for customers for WABCO Products and be the liaison with the WABCO organization. This position will be based in Portland, Oregon.
- Work as the first on-site main contact for customer for WABCO products
- Build a strong customer relationship throughout OE organization
- Provide technical support for WABCO products to OE customer application
- Collect technical customer requirements, specifications and associated documents.
- Compare customer requirements and specifications with WABCO specifications, identify mapping specifications and deviations.
- Provide proposal for WABCO product matching customer requirements, resolve deviations in consultation with product group engineer and customer, accomplish acceptance of deviations.
- Create change request for non-acceptable deviations including breakdown of customer requirements.
- Product layout and configuration.
- Configure product according to customer needs (e.g. parameter setting).
- Application validation and release.
- Homologate or support customer to homologate according to national and international regulations as appropriate.
- Carry out tests on special customer demand (e.g. system performance demonstration).
- Provide test reports according to internal standards/external customer requests.
- Participate in validation field testing
- Support product launches at OE manufacturing facilities
- Train and instruct customer on product features, end-of-line process and requirements etc.
- Coordinate the application approval with the customer.
- Support quality issues at manufacturing facilities.
- Degree in Mechanical and / or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10-15 years of professional experience in Product Engineering with vehicle braking systems.
- 5-10 years of physical vehicle brake testing (professional or academic experience) or automotive experience preferred
- Resident engineer located at a customer experience preferred.
- CDL preferred
- Good overview on WABCO products, specific knowledge about air brakes/systems preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Must have good communication skills set and track record.
- Good knowledge about vehicles, sub-systems and operating environment.
- Automotive mechanical knowledge/skills – ability to install/replace mechanical product on a vehicle
- Ability to use and interpret measurement / diagnosis tools (J1939) preferred
- Fluent in English
- German is a plus