Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted, and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness and in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global, and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Research Computing Group and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Senior Research Software Development Engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing electronic consenting workflows to support research studies and clinical trials. This involves integrating extensions to the open source framework for electronic data collection with other systems at BCH, such as the electronic medical record and research participant registries.
- Working closely with research groups throughout the institution who need custom-build web and mobile applications and business intelligence reports and dashboards for their basic and/or clinical research needs.
- Designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and improving the software.
- Managing individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- Creating business intelligence dashboards and reports.
In order to qualify, you must have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field of study and 7 - 10 years' experience, a M.S. degree, 4 - 6 years of related experience or equivalent.
- Strong database design, advanced query writing and general optimization skills using SQL Server/MySQL/Oracle/Postgres.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Combination of patience, determination, and persistence to troubleshoot technical issues.
- A positive attitude and ability to develop productive relationships with pediatric researchers.
- Passion for new technologies and science.