$80K — $100K *
We are searching for a Research Software Engineer to join our extraordinary team.
In this role you will perform the research, design, development and verification of signal and image collection systems, and define and develop processing computer algorithms. You will design, develop and analyze systems and algorithms for the extraction of information from signal and image sensors. Technologies including real-time processing, detection and estimation theories, neural networks, and implementation of signal processing with advanced computer architectures will be applied to laser and other electro-optical systems for Intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), directed energy weapons, navigation and proximity operations, or target tracking and identification. You will develop and improve algorithms and evaluate their performance using simulations and test data. You will participate in teams implementing the algorithms in hardware and conducting full-system, real-world demonstrations of capability.
You are someone who has strong analytic and communication skills and works well in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary environment. You will work part of the week at a field testing site and can work independently yet stay coordinated with the rest of the team.
• Strong Matlab programing skills
• Experience implementing software for scientific and/or real time image or signal processing applications
• Hands-on experience setting up and operating cameras or focal plane arrays
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
• Experience and/or ability developing new technologies, driving from new concept formulation and development through to demonstration of the concept in prototype testing or field demonstration
• Experience configuring parameters and radiometric calibration of a camera or focal plane assembly (FPA)
Knowledge in one or more related technologies, and interest in learning about others, including:
o Data processing, including processing hardware and software, algorithm development, Monte Carlo simulations, analog signal processing, digital signal processing, image processing, 3D image rendering, or data fusion
o Algorithms, models, and simulations for passive and active imaging applications
o Target acquisition and tracking, and automatic target recognition (ATR) algorithms
Valid through: 2/17/2021