Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in new and ongoing research in quantum communication, quantum computing, and quantum-enhanced sensing.
- Formulate novel quantum information solutions to problems of national interest and plan and execute the research and development necessary for the practical implementation of those solutions.
- Lead and take part in multiple R&D projects.
- Interpret, report, and present research concepts and results to national audiences at all levels.
- Work with customers independently or in teams to develop requirements and proposals, conduct research, and produce working prototypes for demonstration.
- Write peer-reviewed papers, technical reports, and proposals for internal and external release and must represent the organization by giving technical presentations in large public forums.
- Mentor early career research staff, postdocs and students.
- A Ph.D. in physics, optics, computer science, or a directly related field.
- 10+ years of experience in theoretical and/or experimental quantum information outside of Ph.D.
- 10+ years of quantum information work experience at a tertiary institution or in an appropriate industry or government laboratory.
- Independent research competence as demonstrated by a significant number of national and/or international peer-reviewed publications and a sustained publication record.
- Successful supervision of junior research staff and demonstrated success in research project management.