Job ID: 548530BRSee More
Date posted: Jan. 28, 2021
City: Palo Alto
Description:At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
What is your mission?
As a Senior Research Roboticist, you will support ongoing programs and internal research and development efforts, enabling project advancement and emerging technologies.
What will you be working on?
- Performing scientific experiments, investigations, observations and related research studies
- Developing theories for understanding, characterizing, and organizing natural phenomena into a systematic and significant pattern
- Participating in intellectual property evaluations and development of patent applications
- Instructing and teaching junior level engineers/researchers
We are looking for someone who is excited about developing new research ideas in autonomy and robotics. This role will work on deploying for reinforcement learning, causality, and causal inference. Ideally you will have this experience in a research environment, and have a history of publications supporting your expertise.
You are someone with strong technical writing, presentation and overall communication skills for reports, proposals, technical presentations, and interaction with customers, team members, suppliers, and academic/industry collaborators.
You would typically have a Bachelors degree and 5 - 8 years of professional experience, a Masters and 3 - 6 years, or a PhD and 0 - 3 years.
How will Lockheed Martin Space support your mission?
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that supports differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually.
Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 52 three-day weekends (4/10 schedule)
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
- Proven mechatronic experience as demonstrated by a strong publication record and development of working system prototypes
- Strong experience utilizing machine learning, reinforcement learning, and other AI methods
- Strong experience evaluating novel technologies, fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification, and/or implementation of product components
- Experience advancing the state-of-the-art, including (but not limited to) generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences
- Experience leading and writing funding proposals for research grants/programs
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Established strong relationships with customers from DOD Research Labs, AFRL, DARPA, or NASA Research Centers or similar is a plus
- Expert in the applications of Artificial Intelligence or Autonomous Systems technologies (e.g., Deep Learning, Machine Learning) to sensing, perception, multi-unit planning or command and control of autonomous systems
- Expert in Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Research Experience in causal modeling, causal inference, and causal graphs
- Experience using industrial manipulators like UR, ABB, Kuka or similar
- Experience using Clearpath Robotics or similar
- Experience using DJI Drones or similar
- Complex control of manipulators, high-degree of freedom coordination and advanced mobility technologies experience.
- Experience Implementing augmented and virtual reality technologies for robotic applications
- Experience with filtering, estimation, and tracking (Kalman Filters, Multi-Target Tracking) is a plus
- Experience implementing software for scientific and/or real time image or signal processing applications, computer vision, 3D data processing
- Proficiency in the following programming languages: C++, Python or similar
- Experience with Robot Simulation tools like Gazebo, RVIZ or similar
- Experience using Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with COTS sensing modalities, RF, SAR, LIDAR/LADAR, Radar, Computer Vision, Vibration and fusing modalities for perception and inferencing.
- Knowledge of sensing, planning and algorithms related to Autonomous Rendezvous, Proximity Operations and Docking
- Experience with Real-time processing systems, FPGAs, microcontrollers, measurement and acquisition hardware
- Experience with, and knowledge of Systems Engineering aspects of requirements decomposition, testing and Verification and Validation, at the systems level is a plus
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Telecommute: The work associated with this position will be performed at the designated Lockheed Martin facility. Situational telecommuting may be considered and authorized at the discretion of your leader and based upon the role.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Clearance Level: None
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Artificial Intelligence
Virtual Location: no
Valid through: 3/26/2021