Description: Oversees the management of all aspects of one or more large scale, complex multi-year, multi-center research projects. Provides technical expertise to functional research units within and across disciplines. Serves as consultant, content expert and advisor for project managers on multiple projects.
- As a recognized expert in complex analytic problem solving, project management and client management, designs, develops and directs well-defined research. Develops, interprets and implements standards, procedures, policies and protocols for research programs.
- Supervises and counsels two or more project managers on the day-to-day operations of multiple projects in one or more research disciplines. Ensures Project Managers follow procedures, policies and protocols. Defines scope of work, deliverables and timeframes directly with senior staff and project managers.
- Prepares grant proposals, internal reports and publications independently and collaboratively. Ensures that reports and information disseminated are accurate, timely and consistent and satisfy client needs.
- Manages and balances budgets on projects.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in one or more of the technical areas required.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration, epidemiology or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business and financial issues and develop appropriate action from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degreepreferred.