Senior Research Engineer, Data Analytics
United Technologies Research Center (UTRC) invites interested and qualified individuals to apply for the newly created position of Machine Learning and Analytics Research Scientist & Engineer.
The candidate will work under the aegis of the Decision Support and Machine Intelligence Group, part of UTRC’s Systems Department. The group takes on cutting edge challenges in machine learning, deep learning, data mining, and human computer interaction. A broad array of business challenges include autonomous flight, security access and surveillance systems, people transport, analytics of jet engine data, human in the loop adaptive learning and the reduction of building energy usage through monitoring and diagnostics. We’re looking for people eager to find new ways to extract value through the integration of new and existing data sources with cutting edge analysis and tools.
Successful candidates must have the ability to perform the following functions:
- Research, design and prototype novel analytics algorithms and models on machine learning, data mining and statistical modeling to discover actionable and interpretable insights.
- Demonstrate proficiency and deep knowledge in statistical machine learning methods, deep neural networks, Bayesian and probabilistic inference and state-of-art tools (e.g. Theano/TensorFlow/Torch etc.)
- Demonstrable research experience in manipulating and analyzing large multi-modal data sets, and working knowledge in diverse big data computing platforms e.g. Spark/Hadoop/MongoDB and/or GPU is a big plus.
- Demonstrate the potential to initiate, lead, and execute funding opportunities in both internal and external R&D.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion new ideas and new problem definitions.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation and be able to partner with leading, worldwide institutions (university, government agencies, national labs, and professional organizations) to meet organizational objectives. The candidate will have exceptional communication skills and must be able to provide timely, accurate and detailed reports, presentations and technical papers for archival journals.
Individual will be a proactive, highly motivated self-starter and customer advocate with proven capability in working with teams of designers and developers, and possessing:
- Proficiency in Python, R, Java and/or Matlab
- Additional skills in statistics, machine learning, distributed computation and programming would be a plus.
- Familiarity with publicly available toolkits (e.g. Scikit-learn, Mallet, Theano/TensorFlow etc.)
- Communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of management, business development, researchers and clients
- Excellent customer-focused work ethic
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work independently and work with limited direction to accomplish project goals
Education: Required: M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a related field with 2-5 years of industry experience post degree. The preferred candidate will have a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineer, or related engineering field with up to two years of relevant post degree work experience.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 53329BR