At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 94,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve. Please note that candidates need to be eligible to workin the U.S. without Abbott sponsorship.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Senior Research Engineer to define, develop and implement advanced algorithms in Linux. This role will create custom software applications for preclinical and clinical research studies and port features from a research prototype platform to a commercialized product platform. The successful candidate will work closely with product development software engineers to specify and commercialize research software features.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design algorithms and implement novel research software in C++ within the EnSite™ cardiac mapping system.
- Work with Physicians to validate and publish the clinical merit of research software.
- Monitor and report progress, assessing existing technology and define requirements for new technology.
- Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods.
- Develop productive internal/external working relationships
- A BS degree with at least 5 years’ experience or a MS Masters with at least 3 years’ experience, or a PhD Degree in Engineering or Science - preferably Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or Biomedical Engineering.
- Proven proficiency programming in C++ under Linux or Unix.
- Extensive research and development experience designing algorithms and developing software for medical applications, preferably electrophysiology
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development field.
- Fluency (spoken and written) in the English language is required.
- Experience in statistical analysis of clinical data is preferred.
- Possess strong technical communication skills.
- Research experience with multithreading, OOD, Qt, OpenGL graphics, Matlab, medical image/signal processing, analysis, and visualization techniques is desired.