Partners with clients to design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions regarding data management and analysis. This includes database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. Utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations. Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Collaborates with technical staff explaining needs of functional users. Serve on committees related to data structure and governance.
- Reviews reports before presentation to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology
- Defines, develops and communicates new standards and best practices.
- Develops queries and quality metrics.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
- Determines data structure for local datasets.
- Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
- Ensures quality and compliance by reviewing reports
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
- Enterprise applications: eIRB , iModules, Kronos
- Infrastructure: Amazon Web Services ( AWS) , Hadoop, MapReduce, High Performance Computing( HPC), Linux Operating System, Mac OS X Operating System, MOAB, Skype, Windows Operating System
- Compliance: HIPAA, IRB
- Analytical: Critical thinking, Data mining, Data modeling, Decision making, Debugging, Problem solving, Troubleshooting
- Project: Code documentation, Collaboration and teamwork, Iterative & incremental development, Organizational skills, Planning, Workflow development & documentation
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Master's degree in a related field.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Action oriented - Willing or likely to take practical action to deal with a problem or situation.
- Coachability - Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Collaboration - Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork within and outside of one's own team.
- Collegiality - Helpful, respectful, approachable; builds strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative - Exhibits energy and desire to achieve; sets ambitious goals and acts decisively; takes action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems.
- Meets deadlines - Displays consistency and success in adhering to deadlines.
- Multi-tasking - Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organization - Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail.