Research Chemist is responsible for new product development, scale-up and technical support of existing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following:
Assist in supervising and guiding the technicians on R&D work assignments.
- Helping in improving the R&D formulation work efficiency.
- Expertise in composite materials and testing techniques
- Assisting in the specification/selection process for any new R&D equipment.
- Researching new methods and materials to develop new products and improve the existing products in reliability, quality and cost.
- Characterization and testing of the new research materials.
- Maintaining and building an FTIR data base.
- Supporting the scale up process of developmental materials.
- Assist in any customer product issues.
- Working with our raw material suppliers on evaluating materials for our next generation R&D products.
- Creating new procedures and maintaining/updating old procedures in the R&D lab
- Working with Suppliers to assure understanding of the proper requirements and specifications through meetings, phone conversations, and ultimately through written agreements.
- Writing Technical Reports for all developmental products and preparing and presenting the data in the monthly R&D meetings.
- Maintaining current MSDS files.
OTHER JOB DUTIES
- Able to handle multiple tasks.
- Proficient requirement for various software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems using FTIR, TMA, TGA and GCMS.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Assists in the supervision of technicians for new product formulations and testing.
Experience in composite materials and testing techniques and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. A general knowledge of the printed circuit board industry is desirable. The position requires a high degree of proficiency in handling detailed information and the timely processing of that information to ensure customer satisfaction. The incumbent must be team oriented and have ability to relate successfully to a diverse group of people. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to deal with customers, both foreign and domestic, business and distribution contacts, inside sales personnel and internal personnel.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 5-15 years industrial experience in a related field.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry (analytical or inorganic/organic.), or Polymer/Material Science
- Familiarity with advanced composites industry