- Independently formulate biocide/pesticide formulations, such as solutions, emulsions, suspensions/dispersions, encapsulations, etc. in aqueous and non-aqueous media.
- Independently develop new chemical formulations and/or new process technologies for protecting wood against biological and non-biological deteriorations.
- Successfully conduct multiple scientific projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Interface and connect with chemical suppliers/vendors to evaluate new and unique chemicals for developing new wood protecting formulations.
- Conduct bench scale formulation studies, synthesis and perform wet analytical methods.
- Conduct pilot scale studies for product launching and commercialization
- Evaluate the properties of experimental formulations and products using established procedures.
- Assist in the completion of other research projects as needed.
- Provide assistance in the preparation for implementation of field trials and the subsequent reporting of test results.
- Provide technical support for trouble shooting treating plant issues, and assist manufacturing process as well.
- Prepare clear and concise written reports/summaries with minimal supervision and editing.
- Maintain neat, orderly and clear records of work completed.
- Must be hands-on in conducting laboratory and pilot formulations and testing
- Ph.D in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Material Science related area or MS in the same discipline plus minimum 5-years industrial formulation or R&D experience.
- Strong expertise in emulsion chemistry, colloidal chemistry, polymer chemistry, physical surface chemistry and/or nanotechnology is plus.
- Working knowledge of development & maintaining stage-gate process on developing new product.
- Industrial R&D formulation experience in solvent borne and/or water borne formulations will be preferred.
- Be creative, independent and motivated.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Safety, health, and environmental awareness
- Flexibility to adapt to varying situations to attain goals and meet deadlines.
- Must maintain a good attendance record.
- Team player and ability to set priorities, analyze problems, work independently, and manage time effectively