- Develop biochemical and cell biology assays for efficacy and mechanism evaluation of novel biotherapeutics.
- Culturing, engineering, and assaying mammalian cells
- Plan and execute experiments independently; manage, analyze, and interpret data
- Support the daily activities of the Protein Therapeutics group
- Extensive experience in biochemical and cell-based assay development. Such assays include but are not limited to fluorescent or chemi-luminescent based plate assays, cell proliferation or cytotoxicity assays, as well as cell adhesion and migration assays.
- Experience in standard molecular and cell biology techniques
- Experience in protein therapeutic discovery is a strong plus (protein design, expression, purification and characterization)
- Experience in immunological techniques is plus, such as cell isolation, immunophenotyping and immune cell functional assays
- Committed to maintaining high standards in quality of science
- Ability to independently design, execute, and analyze experiments
- Ability to work at a fast pace under aggressive timelines
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong interdisciplinary communication skills
Minimum Education and Experience
BS or MS in a relevant scientific discipline (molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, or immunology). BS candidates should have 6+ years experience and MS candidates should have 3+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry setting.