Senior Research Analyst
CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS - Los Angeles, CA
We are looking for a rising analytical and creative problem solver with strong attention to detail to join our team as an Analyst. The Senior Research Analyst works withother in the Research and Economic department to track trends in the housing market, the general economy, and the real estate industry. The successful candidate will manage operational responsibility for member- and consumer-oriented surveys, producing market and industrial analyses, generate reports based on survey results, and present survey findings internally and externally. This position also undertakes more advanced housing market, economic analysis, and policy analysis projects with minimal direction and supervision.
- Design and develop questionnaires/survey instruments, implement and manage survey sampling processes, supervise procedures of survey distribution, production, and data tabulation, test the validity of survey data, analyze and report survey findings in written report or in presentation format.
- Design and conduct market and industrial analyses using primary and secondary data obtained from multiple sources.
- Assume the responsibility on the collection, the compilation, the calculation, and the analysis of housing data used for sales and price reports, housing affordability index, rent vs. buy comparison reports, and other housing market reports.
- Create and produce story-telling data visualization products including presentations, infographics, dashboards, animated videos, reports, and blogs for press releases, outreaches, and othermarketing purposes.
- Provide support to Chief Economist, Senior Economist, and Economist on special projects as needed.
- Master’s degreerequired
- 3- 5years of analytical work experience
- Strong analytic and quantitative reasoning and problem solving
- Survey research experiencerequired, with knowledge in questionnaire design and survey administration. Excellent applied data analysis skills.
- Ability to understand the story and tell it with a data visualization; know how to "speak" data
- Experience performing economic and/or policy analysis
- Experience in econometrics preferred
- Experiencewith statistical packages, e.g. SPSS or SAS or STATA
- Experience in Tableau, Power BI, or other business intelligence tools preferred
- Experienceworking with large datasets, such as ACS, Census, or HMDA
- Understanding and experience of real estate/housing markets preferred
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Intermediate to advanced level in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and outstanding customer service orientation.
- Ability to function effectively in a variety of challenging situations and circumstances, including difficult project deadlines, demanding customers, tight budgets, and evolving goals and objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with co-workers, customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail, and results oriented mindset.
Leading the Way… TM isn’t just a slogan at the CALIFORNIA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (C.A.R.). As one of the largest state trade organizations in the United States, C.A.R. provides members with tools to help complete transactions, information to keep them nimble in the marketplace and a strong clear voice on the government steps in Sacramento. How do we do it? We start by hiring friendly, talented folks committed to working toward those common goals.
Headquartered in sunny Los Angeles, C.A.R. offers business casual wear, an on-site exercise room, a health and wellness program including lunch and learns with guest speakers, a FitBit® program, and collaborative working areas.
Medical, dental, vision, vitamin reimbursement, 401(k), pension, 11 paid holidays, and more.
Job Type: Full-time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Consumer Analytics: 5years
- Report Writing: 5years
- Tableau: 5years
- Qualtrics: 5years
- SPSS: 5years
- Survey Research: 5years