Synopsis of Role:
As part of the office of institutional research, this position will help to ensure that the University’s communities are well-informed with reliable information so that it may carry out its mission effectively and efficiently. This position will be responsible for working within data analysis, statistical, and visualization tools in aim of departmental and institutional objectives. Often this involves the coordination of a project from developing functional requirements and analysis specifications to development and continuing through delivery and support.
• Manages the entire process related to supporting one or more internal functional areas, including the specification of requirements, data collection, quality assurance (QA), analysis and dissemination of quantitative and qualitative data.
•Participates in code reviews and ensures that all work done by the team is validated for quality assurance.
•Develops automated reporting solutions to routine operational processes, utilizing the learning management system, student information system or other APUS databases and reporting platforms.
•Develops predictive models in support of institutional strategic goals.
•Promotes and facilitates data literacy across the organization.
•Demonstrates significant knowledge of database concepts and data visualization techniques.
•Develops strong relationships with internal and external contacts.
•Creates processes for data delivery using all necessary products.
•Evaluates potential internal and student facing solutions related to departmental and institutional goals.
•Documents current policies and procedures while streamlining for highest quality output.
•Provides insight and recommendations for strategic planning within the office of institutional research.
•Mentors other members of the institutional research team.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
• Standard office environment in Charles Town, WV.
• Occasional travel may be required with advanced notice.
• Ability to work effectively with all position levels within the University.
•Excellent problem solving and decision making ability.
•Ability to collect, analyze, and represent data in professional format and in a timely manner.
•Proven ability to work independently and as a team member to coordinate deliverables with other department activities.
•Ability to be flexible, think critically, and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
•Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
•Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
•Ability to acquire information quickly and understand the business.
•Strong service and studentorientation.
•Strategic thinking, change and innovation skills.
•Ability to manage performance.
•Ability to plan and monitor for results.
•Willingness and ability to learn new skills.
• Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s degreepreferred.
• Extensive experience with and knowledge of relational databases (specifically SQL Server 2012) and data warehouses (Star and Snowflake Schemas) preferred.
• Extensive experience with and knowledge of Tableau or other similar business intelligence/data visualization software preferred.
•Experience or education related to predictive analytics and statistical analysis preferred.
•Experience using R, SPSS or other similar statistical package preferred.
•Five to seven years' experience in institutional research or a similar field within a higher education institution preferred.
Requisition Number T17-0155