Grant Thornton is seeking a Senior Associate to join its Technology Solutions service line and take an active role in engagement execution, project management and key business development activities.
Grant Thornton Public Sector helps executives and managers at all levels of government maximize their performance and efficiency in the face of ever tightening budgets and increased demand for services. We give clients creative, cost-effective solutions that enhance their acquisition, financial, human capital, information technology, data analytics, and performance management. , visit grantthornton.com/public sector.
At Grant Thornton, our professional staff applies traditional, cutting-edge approaches and methods to a variety of analyses. As part of our team, the Senior Associate will utilize various methodologies and models to execute client projects.
- Must be able to create logical and functional software code in a variety of languages.
- Must have experience in understanding and articulating the benefits and risks associated with different coding languages in different functional environments.
- Must have experience reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary.
- An Expert Developer must create software development plans and strategies.
- Must have experience in developing and implementing algorithms.
- Must have experience in database design.
- Oversee work of developers.
- Conduct quality control of software development.
- Conduct proactive risk identification and mitigation of software development process.
- Must have experience in devising possible solutions to predicted problems, evaluating other options; working as part of a team to write a specific section of the program; combining all elements of the program design and testing it; testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended.
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
- Assist with business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership materials.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical field.
- 8years relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience with various reporting and dashboarding technologies, such as Tableau, Cognos and Big Data tools such as Hadoop.
- Veterans Affairsexperience (preferred).
- Federal consulting experience (preferred).
- Federal healthcareexperience or healthcare domain knowledge (preferred).
- Ability to obtain and maintain certain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degrees.
- U.S. citizenship may be required. Ability to work in the United States indefinitely required.
Grant Thornton LLP is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International, one of the six global accounting, tax and business advisory organizations. Grant Thornton?s Public Sector, based in Alexandria, VA, is a global management consulting business with the mission of providing responsive and innovative financial, performance management and systems solutions to governments and international organizations.
It is Grant Thornton?s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.