At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder is currently seeking a Senior Remediation Consultant to join the Northeast US leadership team of our environmental remediation practice. In this role, you will support our project delivery and growth in multiple market sectors and will work closely with a team of scientists and engineers in the Mt. Laurel, New Jersey location (other offices which may be considered include Newark, New Jersey and Bristol, Pennsylvania). Our ideal candidate will be a significant contributor both with strategy and delivery on a team providing project and client management services for contaminated site assessments, investigations, remedial designs, and implementation. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career with a successful and growing global environmental leader.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide technical and strategic leadership while delivering innovative and effective solutions for complex sites with significant remediation challenges within soil, groundwater, and sediment media
- Lead the scoping and execution of remedial investigations, feasibility studies, remedial designs and actions, and remedial optimization and monitoring
- Lead the preparation and be accountable for technical documents, reports, and other client/regulatory submittals
- Develop conceptual site models that integrate physical/geologic data, fate & transport, contaminant behavior, and exposure pathways/risk while using GIS/3D models and other tools to effectively support decision-making
- Evaluate and design remedial processes for soil, sediment, and groundwater involving multidisciplinary teams, drawing on your significant experience with data interpretation, evaluation of technologies, and formulation of remedial strategies
- Effective oversight of project management tasks for medium to large projects
- Provide mentoring and supervision for staff relative to technical work; data interpretation, evaluation, and presentations; quantitative methods of analysis; and report writing
- Deliver presentations and guide others in successfully communicating complex issues and solutions to clients, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders
- Contribute actively to business development through taking leadership of proposals/qualifications, presentations to clients and stakeholders, and other external activities to build existing and new client accounts
- Local and national travel for project delivery and client development, expected to be less than 25 percent of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, geology, geoscience, hydrogeology, or related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in site remediation and environmental consulting practice
- Proven track record and experience in leading client programs, developing new clients, and leveraging opportunities with existing clients
- Robust knowledge of federal (CERCLA, RCRA) and state regulations and guidance
- Understanding of the importance of health & safety as a top priority and an enthusiasm to participate in Golder’s associated programs and visibly lead by example
- Strong verbal communication, writing, analytical, and organizational skills combined with a positive attitude and an ability to work both independently and within groups, including with technical peers across the company, client contacts, and subcontractors
- Strong project management skills with experience leading teams on complex or multi-project programs
- A client-centric mindset and desire to work within a larger team focused on timely, high-quality service delivery
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite of programs (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Master’s degree in engineering, geology, geoscience, hydrogeology, or related field
- Professional license (e.g., P.G., P.E., LSRP)
- Advanced technical skills/knowledge in such areas as remedial technologies, emerging contaminants, contaminant behaviors and transport mechanisms, or risk evaluations/assessment
- Experience in capably supervising and mentoring staff in a team environment
Your benefits at Golder will include
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 40 countries, Golder’s 7,000 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Golder is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities or other characteristics protected by law. Golder is a background screening, drug-free workplace.