Be a member of HP Inc.’s Personal Systems Quality (PSQ) organization and specialize in supporting product reliability across HP's notebook and desktop products lines. PSQ is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual with proven leadership, technical and communication skills to join as a Senior Reliability Lab Engineer.
In this critical role, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing a reliability lab, leading reliability test development and execution and root cause failure analysis, along with building capabilities for the PSQ Strategic Quality and Reliability Lab for future growth.
- Acts a lab manager, leads team of technician staff to manage workflows including request prioritization, report reviewing and communicating results to the lab’s customer base.
- Hands-on operation and troubleshooting of failure analysis and reliability equipment.
- Proactively identifies technical opportunities and staffing needs to ensure success of the lab.
- Develops and acquires new techniques, equipment capabilities, and capability roadmap for the lab to ensure that the lab can meet the needs for failure analysis and reliability assessment of future products and components.
- Frequently interfaces with internal customers to understand problems that needs solved, and develops efficient technical plan to develop solutions to resolve these issues.
- Leads tours of the lab to external business customers.
- Provides domain-specific expertise for reliability and failure analysis to cross functional projects and teams.
- Frequently presents technical results from the lab to product development, quality, and supply chain teams.
- Actively mentors less experienced engineers and technicians.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Reliability Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Lab management experience
- Experience with PC Hardware
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience developing lab tests to reproduce or simulate field failures, including intermittent or hard to reproduce issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences, including senior management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English.
- Experience leading lab operations including, capital procurement, safety, training and skill development, prioritization, daily operations.
- Recognized expert in multiple areas of reliability and failure analysis, including hands-on operation, theory, and data interpretation.
- High level competence in failure analysis techniques such as optical microscopy, SEM/EDS, CT X-Ray, Cross-sectional analysis of materials, chemical decapping of ICs, mechanical testing machines and FTIR.
- Demonstrated capability in reliability techniques including HALT, thermal cycling, Instron, drop, shock, and vibration.
- Ability to fully interpret raw data, develop methods for operating the machines and ability to teach others how to competently perform the techniques is a must.
- Experienced in execution of designed experiments. Familiar with Design of Experiments concepts.
- Familiarity with FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and similar techniques.
- Capable of defining reliability test plans for components, materials, and systems.
Job ID 3025922