Semtech is a leader in providing the telecommunication industry with wide range of products that are used in processing, recovering, and enhancing the integrity of the electrical signal. These products are optical products such as Receiver Optical Sub-Assemblies (ROSAs) and integrated circuits (ICs). Semtech ICs are designed to handle very high speed signals using advanced Si technologies in Si bipolar junction transistors (BJT) and CMOS.
The reliability engineer will be responsible for the development and execution of reliability plans for new products while working closely with design, packaging, product, and failure analysis engineers. He/She will also be expected to support marketing and sales.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree or higher in Physics, Electrical engineering, Material Science or any related discipline
- Strong knowledge in the working principles of semiconductors devices such as BJTs, FETs, PN junctions and their failure mechanisms (TDDB, HCI, NBTI)
- Strong statistical skills, reliability modeling, hypothesis testing, samplingdistributions, LTPD, and Weibull statistics
- Experience in package assembly is preferred
- Experience in Si photonics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with qualification testing based on industry standards such as JEDEC and Telcordia
- Familiarity with the New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Experience with reliability HW and tests such as HTOL, THB, HAST, ESD, Latch-Up.
- Very comfortable in driving suppliers and stakeholders to deliver in all areas of product qualification in a persistent and time efficient way.
- Very strong planning and project management skills
- Familiarity with ATE and failure analysis tools
- Good experience in Si fabrication
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create, manage, and execute Reliability Qualification plans of various electronic and electro-optical components such as trans-impedance amplifiers (TIA’s), laser drivers, clock data recovery chips, and electro-optical sub-assemblies (ROSAs)
- Participate in Failure Analysis process for ICs and Optical products together with FA team
- Managing multiple reliability projects while meeting aggressive deadlines.
- To be comfortable making critical decisions on the reliability of products based on thorough review of test data and failure mechanisms
- Participate in the project development process at all stages while working closely with the various engineering disciplines (Quality, Product, Packaging, Design and Marketing)
- Providing customer support and answering customer questions on product reliability
- Making estimate on product reliability and lifetime while relying on sound scientific and statistical foundations
- Continuously liaison between product engineering, reliability, and test engineering to ensure that product reliability is properly addressed and tested