Have you been looking for the chance to use your expertise to make a real difference in an organization? Manitowoc Cranes* is seeking a Senior Reliability Engineer to join our team! In this role, you’ll lead cross-functional teams to ensure product reliability from new product development to product end of life. You’ll be responsible for leading new model teams, purchasing functions, product testing, root cause analysis, FMEA’s and field reliability. Reporting to the Reliability Manager, this position is located in Shady Grove, Pennsylvania. If you’re up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction . . . and knowing you helped build something real. Join our passionate team and help build something you can be proud of – a future filled with passion, pride, and satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Optimize new and current designs for improved reliability.
- Improve product reliability through analysis of field samples, statistical analysis and design changes.
- Provide ReliabilityEngineering support to design engineering teams
- Utilize statistical techniques such as Weibull analysis to predict product failure rates and quantify improvement activities.
- Serve as a consultant to broaden deployment of reliability tools at the Shady Grove facility.
- Develop test methods to simulate field environment.
- Develop product reliability goals and processes to achieve them.
- Support development of new design reliability goals.
- Support and develop design guidelines for product reliability.
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, and product development gate reviews.
- Review product reliability targets and test results to confirm reliability.
- Monitor and analyze warranty data to identify trends and early warning indicators for the management team.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or ReliabilityEngineering or related field required with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in automotive, truck, construction equipment or agricultural equipment design development.
- Experience in reliability or test engineeringpreferred, but a technical background is required.
- Six Sigma training preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills utilizing data to support problem resolution required.
- Must be able to work independently and proactively without direct supervision, and possess excellent people skills including team building and leadership abilities; must be able to lead multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems preferred; must be able to read and interpret CAD drawings.
- Knowledge of product development systems, reliability prediction software, lean manufacturing and design for manufacturability preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, and Visio.
- This position will be located in a normal office environment with exposure to the manufacturing shop floor as required. May be required to climb on cranes for analysis. Travel is limited; 20% of the time or less, based on business conditions.