The Sr. Reliability Engineer is responsible for providing ReliabilityEngineering support to new product development programs, sustaining engineering programs, and the analysis of field reliability data through the application of Reliabilityengineering skills for medical devices.
This person may handle projects and tasks, from product inception through product launch and maintenance and play an active role in the processes to ensure products meet quality standards consistent with both Corporate and unit policies, while meeting all design control and other regulatory requirements.
Sphere of Influence:
- Works under general direction.
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- May provide guidance and work direction to lower level project developers
- Designs and performs development working independently within defined parameters with minimal supervision required
- Ability to partner cross-functional and influence stakeholders on the need and benefits of ReliabilityEngineering
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Discipline
- A minimum of 5 years' experience leading reliabilityengineering programs for complex systems involving mechanical, electro-mechanical, and software elements.
- Candidate must have experience in and be capable of implementing a broad spectrum reliability plan for complex system development. This includes defining reliability metrics, creating reliability models/allocations, failure mode analysis, and defining and implementing reliability test programs.
- Expert understanding of Life Testing including the statistical analysis of life test data. The candidate must be able to develop life test plans that statistically determine if a reliability target is met.
- Expert understanding of FMEA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA). The candidate must have experience performing FMEA/FTA on complex systems.
- Expertise in Reliability Growth testing (both hardware and software) is desired.
- Expertise with robust design including DOE, optimization, and statistical tolerancing is desired.
- Expertise in HALT is desired.
- Ability to teach and coach other engineers on ReliabilityEngineering science and application
- Applied knowledge of applicable regulatory, Corporate and/or Unit requirements
Job ID R-24603