You will play a key role in the product development (and product change management) process by ensuring proper reliability requirements are established, addressed by product design, and demonstrated by appropriate testing.
- Collaborates with Systems Engineering to establish product reliability requirements.
- Advises and confers with engineers in design review meetings to give reliability findings and make recommendations.
- Develops project Reliability plans covering design for reliability to reliability verification to reliability test.
- Analyze projected product utilization and determining cumulative effect on system, subsystem, and component reliability.
- Develops or assists with Fault Tree Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Collaborates with Test Engineering to develop Reliability Test plans including Step Stress, HALT, Reliability Demonstration Test, and Reliability Growth Test.
- Determines number of units requiring environmental, or other reliability testing, to obtain statistically valid data.
- Collaborates with Test Engineering to develop unique reliability test apparatus as required.
- Observes test execution at suppliers or in-house to evaluate reliability factors contributing to the number of, timing, and causes for unit failures.
- Supports Reliability Growth activities, both during product development and for fielded product.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 6 years of relevant industrial experience in an electro-mechanical environment, preferably medical devices.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Reliability Engineer
- Formal training in Reliability and Test theory.
- ASQ Certified Reliability Engineer or possess a comprehensive understanding of the reliability body of knowledge and capable of earning certification within 2 years of hire.
- Ability to plan and organize.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment.
- Computer literate. Excellent analytical, report writing, and presentation skills.
- Understanding of a broad array of electrical and mechanical devices and the technologies they are based on.
- Proficiency in use of standard electrical, mechanical, and environmental test equipment.
- Experience using Reliability Analysis software tools, such as ReliaSoft.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and data acquisition systems.