If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Job Summary:This senior level relationshipmanager positionrequires a strong foundation in delivering the range of commercial banking products and services to businesses with revenues ranging from$30 million to$500+ million. Supported by a portfoliomanager, the Senior RelationshipManager, who can be based in either New York City or Westchester, will be focused on revenue generation in the Metro New York market, through proactively executing sales and relationship management strategies to source new commercial banking relationships, maintain and develop a portfolio of existing relationships through cross-selling other credit and non-credit products, "up-tiering" the relationship in multi-lender arrangements, and earn "trusted advisor" status with clients. The Senior RelationshipManager must possess strong credit skills and be able to recommend, structure, negotiate and execute most complicated commercial middle market credit structures. In addition, he or she should be a consummate team player who partners well with portfoliomanagers, credit, operations and product specialists, and provides qualified opportunities for cross-sells and referrals to other Webster lines of business. Responsibilities/criteria include:
- Meeting annual revenue, business generation, referral and calling goals
- Have a strong market presence with COI's and prospects, and be able to represent Webster Bank with a high degree of professionalism consistent with Webster's core values.
- Through active market and community involvement, demonstrate Webster's long term commitment to the market.
- Be an expert in assessing potential clients and transactions with an eye toward safety and soundness. Sponsor credits for internal approval which demonstrate the appropriate balance of risk and reward. Identify risks and issues and structure credits and relationships appropriately to mitigate future risks.
- Supported by portfolio manager, undertake analysis, underwriting and loan structuring and ongoing monitoring of new and existing customers, consistent with credit policy.
- Team player who works well with portfolio managers, credit executives, products specialists and operations as needed.
- Possess strong understanding of credit documentation and be able to properly negotiate legal documents effectively working with outside counsel.
- 10+ years of relationship management and commercial lending experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and presentation skills
- A results oriented self-starter, with a track record of strong performance, who enjoys working in a team environment
- Successful completion of a formal credit training program
- Must have strong business development skills and preference will be given to candidates who are working in the Metro New York market
- A degree in business administration, accounting or finance; Masters degreepreferred