$120K — $180K *
Job Summary: The purpose of the Exit Planning Senior Relationship Manager is to work directly with our business owner clients to deliver exit planning advice and solutions. The goal is to service and support a book of 25 to 30 clients with the help of an exit planning analyst and using our proven processes, tools, and templates.
You will work directly with the company’s exit planning clients by reviewing client information, analyzing the client’s situation and needs, and preparing and recommending the most effective tactics and plans for the client to achieve his or her exit goals.
Summary of essential job functions
· Conducting effective client meetings with little to no assistance
· Identifying the client’s needs by investigating relevant issues, asking insightful questions, discerning patterns, researching options, and modeling options
· Requesting, receiving, and reviewing the client’s relevant business, legal, tax, financial, personal, and other documents
· Using and delivering with minimal assistance the proprietary exit planning materials
· Competently discussing a client’s needs and situation directly with third-party professionals such as accountants, lawyers, valuation professionals, investment bankers, etc. with little to no assistance
· Delivering accurate technical advice and information to the client in live interactions, such as presenting findings and answering questions in phone or video conferences
· Demonstrating true expertise in the technical subjects listed below
· Thinking analytically yet communicating in a non-technical, approachable manner
Required areas of technical understanding and experience
· Business legal forms and structures
· Personal financial planning: investment principles, retirement savings and income planning, risk management, insurance, etc.
· Taxation of business entities prior to and at exit
· Basics of personal income taxation
· Business legal governance tools: operating agreements, buy-sell agreements, employee agreements, etc.
· Owner and executive compensation plans and techniques
· Investment banking and business brokerage: processes, issues, and steps
· Business financial statements and reports
· Basics of business accounting reports, principles, and methods
· Asset and creditor protection
· Estate planning including: transfer taxes, wills and trusts, gifting strategies, and charitable planning
· Business valuation
· 5+ years of work experience directly with business owners
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or STEM; MBA and CPA, or CFP highly preferred
· Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
§ Extremely high attention to detail
§ Excellent communication skills: intrapersonal, phone, email, etc.
§ Must be skilled at working both independently and effectively in collaborative and team environments
§ Good personal organizational skills
§ High sense of personal accountability and responsibility
§ Ethical, trustworthy, reliable
§ Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
Valid through: 11/15/2021