Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
Be a part of growing organization and build a career. At Newport, it’s all about you. We believe that a business succeeds when its employees succeed.
The Senior Relationship Manager will provide consultative support to clients on design, administration and funding of qualified retirement plans. Partners with Sales on contract support, documentation gathering, the entire RFP process, and is an active member of the business representative team in contract finalization. Manage client relationships and build on service reputation and relationships to position Newport Group as the clients’ provider of choice for additional products and services. Seen as the subject matter expert on all types of retirement plans.
The Senior Relationship Manager will:
- Manage multiple large and complex accounts, some of which are across multiple business lines.
- Partner with sales to formulate strategy to win new business opportunities. Actively participate in all stages of the finalist process.
- Create, modify, and execute annual business plan to maximize client satisfaction.
- Develop, maintain relationships, and provide a consultative approach with plan sponsors, advisors, and human resources contacts of assigned new and existing client organizations to become their provider for information and resources related to their retirement plans. Ensure the provision of retirement services expected, identify and resolve areas of confusion or problems, and to ensure compliance with contractual requirements and existing regulations.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of initial documentation and materials provided to clients and resolve related issues. Verify receipt of signed Service Agreement. Ensure that fees structure is accurate and that billing systems are properly initiated.
- Document and update all key client activity and associated deliverables in workflow management system.
- Monitor and manage billing process and receipt of payment. Ensure the accuracy of invoices and the proper crediting of payments. Investigate and resolve significant billing related issues.
- Develop presentation materials and lead the annual plan review meetings. Contribute to the development, updating and enhancement of materials associated with presentation, enrollment, new client communications and administration of new or changed plans.
- Participate in department initiatives to increase efficiencies, decrease cost and document changes in processes and procedures.
You are the right person for this role if:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related filed or combination of education and industry experience.
- 10+ years of total experience in Retirement Services, with emphasis in the daily 401(k) environment.
- 5-7 Years of direct experience in client relationship at the senior level working strategically with clients.
- Be familiar with Newport’s business and client service model with the ability to execute successfully.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and demonstrated relationship building required.
- Must have the ability to build internal relationships and communicate effectively with other senior managers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office Skills with an emphasis in excel.
- ASPPA or CEBS designations a plus.
- Travel up to 20% of the time or as needed.