The Mid-Corp Relationship Manager is a strategic professional who closely follows latest trends in own field and adapts them for application within own job and the business. Typically a small number of people within the business that provide the same level of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business. Necessitates a degree of responsibility over technical strategy. Primarily affects a sub-function. Responsible for handling staff management issues, including resource management and allocation of work within the team/project.
- Calls on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owns, responds to, uncovers and anticipates future needs, roadblocks or risks and expectations
- Introduces solutions to clients in building and strengthening an effective portfolio;
- Works with product specialists and subject matter experts to structure innovative and customized solutions that meet clients' individual needs
- Works closely with Case Manager on the on-boarding and retention of clients, ensuring the appropriate "Know Your Client" (KYC) and other compliance deliverables are met;
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen and increase share of wallet;
- Maximizes client experience by proactive sharing markets updates, trend and intelligence
- Drives innovation in the solutions we provide clients and further developing our business where necessary and appropriate
- Execution of strategic initiatives launched centrally at all levels (Group, Bank, commercial market and EIB)
- Networks with clients to identify avenues for new business opportunities;
- Administrate the credit relationship of the client, coordinating and supervising the entire process, ensuring the proper application of policies and institutional processes
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all time
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Sound knowledge of banking and investment products and process as well as a track record of providing sound banking and financial advice and solutions to clients
- Demonstrates intermediate to advanced credit skills; structures more complex deals, including global transactions
- Demonstrates an expert level of Early Warning Detection skills
- Demonstrates expert level credit skills; capable of structuring all credit deals and guiding staff through the credit deal approval process
- Demonstrates advanced Citi's credit-process and credit-appetite knowledge
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Ability to coordinate multi-functional teams to provide an exceptional client experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (e.g. negotiation, consultative skills, leadership)
- Ability to work under pressure while making sound decisions
- Highly focused, able to rapidly identify key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities
- Accountable for significant direct business results or authoritative advice regarding the operations of the business.
- A proactive approach in looking for ways in strengthening business relationship with clients, delivers a simple, secure and seamless client experience
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights
- Bachelor's/University degree, Masters degree preferred