Job Description Summary
Responsible for the sourcing, securing, developing, and retaining profitable business banking relationships within the assigned region. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services and retaining and expanding existing relationships. Responsible for contributing to the assigned Region's credit portfolio quality and processing of requests for credit extension, ensuring credit facilities are properly structured, priced and documented. Maintains and grows current relationships by presenting new lending opportunities, cross selling, and other business to existing clients. Takes primary responsibility as the assigned officer for a portfolio of moderate to complex business banking or community market commercial relationships. This position is the mid-level of the Relationship Manager job family.
Essential Job Functions
- Serves as primary contact with assigned prospective and current customers for all of the financial, banking, and investment counseling needs. Primary focus is on finding new business opportunities to sell the Bank's products and services. Conducts interviews with applicants to thoroughly understands current and prospective customer's needs and their financial situation to market and sell additional Bank products and services. Visits applicants at their place of business to verify and better assess their current situation and future needs.
- Identifies business needs and corresponding sales opportunities bank-wide and actively promotes ways to increase customer reliance on bank products and services, capitalizing on the unique and comprehensive capabilities of the bank. This would include Deposit Products, Cash Management, Trade Services, Capital Markets products, loan products and personal banking products and services.
- Obtains financial statements, tax returns, and other credit information and maintains electronic credit files for all existing customers. Conducts analysis of pertinent credit information and/or credit checks.
- Works closely with central underwriting teams for new credit requests and renewals ensuring that all relevant financial and non-financial information is available to the underwriter. Generally underwrites new relationship credit requests for approval.
- Manages existing portfolio and stays informed on their condition is aware of developing trends in the market which may impact credit quality. Works closely with centralized underwriting and portfolio management teams to ensure responsiveness to portfolio management needs and timeliness of reporting responses.
Other Job Duties
- Manages all communications with customer related to credit and non-credit issues. Works with commercial documentation department and Business Credit Management team in the review and negotiation of loan documents. Maintains assigned annual goals for portfolio growth, new business development and portfolio maintenance. Will be ranked among peers on the Division Scorecards.
- Ensures job duties are performed within established BOW controls, risk, and audit protocols.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of project management.
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Solid understanding of underwriting and analysis for mid-size companies of all complexities.
- Strong comfort and familiarity with use and application of commercial lending principles.
- Active understanding and ongoing use of Touchpoint, electronic underwriting systems and other enterprise level systems.