At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The primary duty of the Senior Regulatory/Permitting Specialist is to lead and support the efforts related to the preparation of permit applications, development of strategic permitting approaches, compliance documentation, supporting studies and management of the FERC licensing process for hydropower projects, primarily in the Northeast.
Will beresponsible for the preparation for, and participation in, regulatory agency meetings and public meetings/hearings asrequired by the various permit/approval processes and client coordination, agency consultation and follow-up. Position has growth opportunity forproject management and staff coordination involvement to meet project requirements anddeadlines. Keyword(s): Senior Regulatory/Permitting Specialist, FERC, hydropower, job#148232,*LI-MP1
• BS/BA degree in environmental science, natural resource management, engineering, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in power-related environmental permitting is required.
• Experience with FERC hydropower licensing and compliance is strongly preferred.
• Strong writing and organizational skills are required.
• Individual should be able to work independently, but function within a team setting.
• Periodic overnight travel will be required.
• Preference for position to be based Portland Maine, but other New England locations will be considered, including Manchester, NH.
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.