This role of the Senior Regulatory Compliance Engineer (“SRCE”) is responsible for ensuring compliance of all Belkin products to Global Safety and Energy Efficiency regulatory requirements. You must understand WW standard requirements relating to Safety and Energy Efficiency. Be able to guide product design teams on Safety and Energy Efficiency issues. You will serve in a consultative capacity on Belkin regulatory compliance issues on national and international regulatory requirements. You must think analytically, interact with Engineering (ME and EE), ID (industrial design) PM, PGM, test labs, local regulatory authorities and multi task effectively.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Participate in product design reviews on projects across all Belkin Business units. Review product design during concept and planning and advice the team on the applicable required standards based on countries listed in the PRD
- Review designs and predict probable effect of Safety and Energy Efficiency consequences on the design
- Participate with cross functional team on product risk assessment evaluation
- Provide regulatory support and train cross functional team on Safety and Energy Efficiency subjects.
- Confidently discuss related US and Global standards that affect all Belkin products with any audience with ease.
- Evaluate and interpret US and Global regulations/standards with the objective of making Belkin products compliant while managingrisk with respect to product requirements
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and tools relating to Safety and Energy Efficiency regulatory requirements
- Provide guidance to senior management regarding corporate compliance matters before and where Safety and Energy Efficiency becomes an issue
- Provide technical direction and communication across engineering, contracts and ODM, resulting in compliance practices/procedures
- Guide product development teams on Safety and Energy Efficiency regulatory compliance issues
- Assist in the development of tools and processes to enable other engineers to work with a reasonable level of autonomy
- Develop methodology and processes for product test plans, and ensure effective validation testing for compliance to applicable Safety and Energy Efficiency regulatory requirements
- Conduct or assist in internal investigations and analysis of any suspected non-compliant product / incident. Define and/or assist in definition of corrective action as necessary
- Guide post- incident investigation and problem resolution, advise corporate on risk exposures, follow up with action plans for related systems when warranted
- Support NPI and Sustaining RC Engineers in certifying new and maintaining current certification status of production product
- Monitor testing at 3rd party test and certification labs
- Collect, review and release RC test plans, reports, and certificates
- Ensure suppliers comply with domestic and international RC regulations
- Maintain international RC Standards Library
- Assist in RC program and product management; track budget, invoices, schedule, etc.
- Be self-sufficient but yet a team player
- About 10-20% travel may be required for lab qualification and problem resolution
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master ‘s degree in electrical engineering, or BS with 5-6 years of Safety and Energy Efficiency experience
- Minimum of 5-6 years of International Regulatory
- Compliance experience in a testing lab or consumer electronics engineering development environment with specialty in Safety and Energy Efficiency
- Candidates for this position are required to have hands-on experience on Safety and Energy Efficiency testing. Hands on experience in EMC/EMI testing will be plus
- Good understanding of global consumer electronics Safety and Energy Efficiency standards such as, UL, CSA, EN, IEC, CEC, DOE etc. is a must and the understanding of Safety and Energy Efficiency Directives is preferred. Understanding of UL/IEC 60950-1, UL/IEC 62368 , UL 2056/2054, IEC 62133, UL 1449 standards is highly desirable. Candidate must be able to write technical documents clearly and concisely. Candidate must have knowledge of local certification processes and must be able to interact with local certification authorities
- Exposure and working knowledge of wireless technologies such as Qi/Wireless charging and Bluetooth along with an understanding of networking systems will be a plus
- Understanding of Safety testing related to Battery Packs, Car Chargers, Surge Protectors and direct plug-in power supply is a must
- Experience with overseas ODMs a plus but not a must