Energy for What’s Ahead
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We’re working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
This Senior Regulatory Case Manager/Advisor reports to the Principal Manager of T&D Integration. T&D Integration is part of Regulatory Affairs and facilitates competitive energy and transmission markets by managing issues associated with accessing and utilizing SCE's transmission and distribution systems. You will manage regulatory issues and lead the development of revisions to improve the interconnection process for generation/storage resources as well as transmission line interconnections. Located at PIV, the Senior Case Manager/Advisor works closely with SCE's T&D and Law departments and would be expected to work effectively with external stakeholders as well.
- Manages regulatory issues and lead the development of revisions to improve the interconnection process for generation/storage resources as well as transmission line interconnections.
- Works closely with Law to draft a FERC tariff filing(s) to implement revisions to generator interconnection and transmission interconnection procedures and agreements.
- Leads cross functional teams, establish positive working relationships, draft tariff language, draft filing letters, drive consensus based recommendations, communicate with external stakeholders, present concise recommendations to senior management, and manage projects so that they are completed as scheduled.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert on the rules associated with wholesale generation and transmission interconnections
- Reviews proposed rules/regulations, identifies key issues, summarizes for management
- Create a project plan and manage a regulatory project to that plan
- Represents SCE at stakeholder meetings
- Forms project teams and drive consensus-based recommendations; be able to get team members to complete assignments even though they are not direct reports and have competing priorities
- Works independently with only minimal or high-level direction
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Six years of experience in the area of utility regulatory case management, generator interconnection (contracts and/or technical studies), and/or transmission or distribution grid planning
- Experience managing cross functional teams
- Experience writing regulatory related filings, reports or comments
- Willing to act as a safety culture leader
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, communications, public policy or Lawdegree
- Led team that developed a regulatory filing with the CPUC or FERC
- Represented company at public stakeholder meetings
- Understanding of complex regulatory tariffs (CPUC and/or FERC)
- Expertise in wholesale energy markets, CAISO, and resource interconnection tariffs
- Understanding of California’s clean energy goals
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve performance
- Able to work well in teams and assume best intentions, not motives
- The primary work location for this position is Pomona, CA; however, the successful candidate may also be asked to travel, primarily within California, as needed.
- Relocation may apply to this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
: Sep 29, 2017, 9:17:37 AM - Ongoing