Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
11 - 15 years
Posted 65 days ago
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you're helping to create a better world. The business you'll secure and the partnerships you'll build will touch the lives of millions when they lead to sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improved safety for workers in auto plants. ABB is seeking Senior Regional Technical Manager for Raleigh , North Carolina location. The responsibilities include Support the local sales organization/customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions for their microgrid and energy storage projects. In this position the successful candidate will prepare technical descriptions of the applied products and technology to support the sales process and serve as a key technical resource in the assigned geographical or target market.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Offers technical advice to internal stakeholders and provides support on enquiry specifications for customers/channels/sales personnel regarding ABB products/systems/ applications. Provides technical support during the technical meeting, product presentations and negotiations.
• Reviews analytic and diagnostic studies to determine most suitable technical solution to meet customer needs. Proposes technical solutions for complex enquiries. Acts as a customer advocate and advisor.
• Prepares and delivers technical presentations and demonstrations for both internal staff and customers on complex product issues.
• Other Accountabilities:
• Promote and present products, system and services
• Support conferences as needed
• Support Pre-Sales, Sales and Tender meetings with the clients.
• Conduct webinars on solution offerings
• Keep track on F2F customer meetings and document minutes of meeting
• Understand customer needs and work with the Local Product Group Bid & Proposals team to determine the most ideal customer solution
• Ensure the bids are professional, targeted, concise and successful with the aim of driving continuous improvements
• Keep track of F2F customer meetings and report them, support assigned resources during contract negotiation/signing
• Establish, maintain and develop commercial relations with the clients
• Participate in the Risk Review process and Risk review meetings when applicable
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 10+ years of experience working in power distribution market with power systems.
• Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States
• Experience working with energy storage and/or microgrid solutions
• Experience working in power distribution
• Power systems modeling experience
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.